Pesto is one of my go-to garnishes lately because you can add a ton of flavour with adding extra sugar or salt. If you love garlic that is… you will love this seasoning. I add it into pasta, stirfries, soups, quiche/frittata, pizza….
This quinoa recipe has all the good stuff in it – protein, herbs, vegetables, carbs. With all these great ingredients, this salad is filling enough to take you through the day – and not get a blood sugar crash after eating it. You can eat it on it’s own, add to a tossed salad or as a wholesome gluten-free side dish.
And make it all within 15 minutes! Enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup pesto (or more to taste)
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pepper
- 1 can chickpeas
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until most of the water has been absorbed and quinoa tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Chop vegetables
- When quinoa is cooked, mix in your vegetables, chickpeas and pesto.
- Keep cool in the fridge
- Can be eaten alone, with a main meal or on top of a mixed greens.
Image source: Wikipedia