No Bake Peanut Butter Trail Mix Granola Bars
Recipe Type: Snacks
This recipe has become a weekly request from my husband because they are a great snack in the afternoon or make a filling breakfast on the go. The great thing is that this recipe only calls for 5 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make. Bonus!
- 2 cups trail mix
- 1 and 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup if you don’t have honey)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, melted
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave extra on the sides to use as handles for removing the bars when they are finished. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, ground flax, and trail mix. Mix thoroughly. Set aside. Mix together melted peanut butter and honey in a small bowl and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix until each bit is fully coated. Scoop the mixture into prepared baking dish and press firmly until the tops are completely even. You’ll want to pack it down nice and tight.
- Place bars into the refrigerator to set up for at least one hour. Cut into 16 squares. Bars may be stored at room temperature for up to 10 days and in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.