This is the time of season for great organic salsa, as you have peppers and tomatoes popping out of your garden. I just made this big batch of salsa last week..delicious!
Organic Garden Salsa
12 cups diced tomatoes
6 cups of finely chopped onions
1 – 1/2 cups finely chopped very hot green peppers (jalapeno)
3 cloves of garlic (you could even get away with more!)
2 cups finely chopped green peppers
1 tbsp honey
1 cup vinegar
1 tbsp salt
3 cans (13oz) tomato paste
Combine all ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil on low heat. Cover and simmer 1/2 hour, stirring only once. Pour into hot sterlized jars.
Makes 10 – 500 ML Jars
Tips on Preparing Mason Jars
As this was my first time making salsa, I asked my mom how to prepare the mason jars. These are the tips that she provided me, and worked like a charm!
- Remove lids and place in a bowl of boil water (cover the bowl to keep the heat in – I used a plate)
- Fill clean mason jars with boil hot water (also cover tops to keep the heat in – I used a cookie sheet)
- Once the ingredients are ready, pour the hot water from the mason jars and fill
- Grab a matching lid and secure
- Tada! You have sealed salsa!