This recipe is dedicated to the pasta lovers to make a really delicious and flavourful dish without adding cheese. And your mouth will drop when you see how super easy it. Literally 4 ingredients, done in 15 minutes.
Speaking to the busy professionals or families, we simply don’t have time sometimes to chop up vegetables. This is when I opt for the frozen vegetables. Sometimes these are just as great because they vigorously washed and most often picked in season. I buy a couple bags a week and add them to any meal I am making to get the veggies in.
If you garden in the summer, even better to freeze bags of vegetables and eat them all winter.
Speaking of pesto, this is a staple ingredient that you can add into almost anything to add flavour without salt or extra fat. The garlic, basil and oil….SO good. I add it into pasta (like this), into tomato pasta sauce, chili recipe, marinade for chicken, into quiche/fritata, rice. If you want to reduce your sodium intake…get some pesto.
Hope you enjoy this recipe! For more healthy recipes, follow my Facebook page.
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 packages (340g) of pasta
- 1 bags (500g) of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 jar of pesto
- Cook the chicken (do this quickly on the BBQ or in the oven the night before)
- Cook the pasta & frozen mixed vegetables in seperate pots
- Chop the chicken
- Drain the pasta and vegetables
- Add the pasta, chicken, vegetables and pesto into a big pot and stir.
- And you are done!